I have been counseling children, adolescents, and adults for over 30 years in community behavioral health agencies, school settings, child welfare settings, private counseling agencies, chemical dependency inpatient facilities and private practice. A licensed clinical social worker, I work with clients in an encouraging and collaborative atmosphere to heal past trauma, gain balance and perspective in life and relationships and solve current life difficulties.
My areas of expertise include:
I am trained in individual, marriage and family therapy, art and play therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), grief counseling, addiction counseling and concerns related to parenting and child development. In addition to my private practice, I provide EMDR Basic Training as an EMDR Regional Institute Trainer in Fort Collins, Colorado. As an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, I provide group, individual, skype and phone case consultation for clinicians using EMDR with adults and children. As an EMDR Trainer with theEMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program, I volunteer to provide EMDR training to clinicians working with underserved populations nationally and internationally. Along with colleagues, I have trained clinicians in the Middle East for many years in treating trauma.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Colorado State University
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Temple University
- Bachelor’s Degree, DePauw University
- 2011 Social Worker of the Year, Northern Colorado Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers
- 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award, Colorado Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers